samedi 27 février 2010

Des betes et des hommes



Well these days I have some problems with blogger, sorry i can't leave any comments on your blogs.I hope it will work long enough so i can put some pictures!


At the moment the international agricultural show takes place in Paris. Farmers from Normandy are going to the capital  to show their  animals and present their food production. It is a beautiful manifestation and i chose some pictures from  Yann Arthus-Bertrand 's photo book. These pictures are full of pride, love and complicity between the farm animals and their owners! I  love this book and i wanted to share it with you.
Come to Normandy! this year will be the year of  " Impressionisme ".Come to eat our cheeses, cream , cider ...These pictures are taken from " Des  betes et des hommes " y .Arthus -Bertrand.

11 commentaires:

Grandma Yellow Hair a dit…

Sorry your having blog issues.
These pictures are really something else. I love them too. Thank you for sharing them with us
Maggie
PS
I almost forgot come by and enter my chocolate giveaway

Pilar a dit…

Pues sí ,estaría genial visitar Normandía...esas manzanas y el queso tienen una pinta deliciosa!!
Las fotos del libro de Yann Arthus-Bertrand muestran el orgullo de los dueños de esos animales,la relación tan estrecha que se llega a establecer entre ellos....pero la verdad a mí me resultaría imposible colocarme al lado de ese buey y mucho menos a mi hija ,aunque solo fuese para hacer una foto...me da miedo.
Un abrazo enorme Catherine y feliz sábado.

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I tried to leave a message before, but somehow my computer crashed. Missed several of your posts. So sorry! I can see your Bridgewater teapot has arrived. It is very pretty! Your muffins look delicious too. We have been baking as well. We made some maple pecan muffins. They were very tasty. I am glad you have your appetite back!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Lieve groet, Madelief

FRAMBOISINE a dit…

Je ne suis jamais lassée de regarder ces photos... L'attitude de l'homme ou son visage transparait dans l'animal ... Bizarre cette ressemblance et quelle justesse dans le regard du photographe !!!
belle journée et à tout bientôt.

It's me a dit…

Hai Catherine

What a beautiful pictures again !!

I love the cheese picture yammie !!

I come just home from work and enjoy all the post again.........so nice ...and anwer some of them...i always answer the post from you ..........

Greetz have a nice weekend Ria

Julie Harward a dit…

I love all these images...but the bulls scare me! We had a big old bull on our farm as I was growing up, he charged my dad and the horse dad was sitting on and nearly killed my dad. Our good farm dog saved dad! Come say hi :D

Frenchy chick a dit…

Sorry you can't leave comments. Report it to blogger. They had some problems with comments lately. Ma Maman is from Normandy. We spent some vacations there :)
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Frenchy chick a dit…

forgot...The kids are yelling and cut my thoughts...LOL. Thanks for all the visits and comments. Merci beaucoup
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

maurakeith a dit…

Love the pictures Catherine...especially the farmers with their animals. Oh my ...I'd love to be there trying out the cheese and other goodies. I must say the best ice cream I ever had was in a little outdoor restaurant in Montmartre...I think the area was called the Place du Tertre? They brought my sister and I a plate with 3 different flavours of ice cream..it was to die for! Thank you for bringing back those happy memories! I hope the storm misses you. Take care. Maura

Sage a dit…

What beautiful pictures! That Camenbert is calling me.

Celestial Charms a dit…

Beautiful photographs. My favorite is the gentleman surrounded by all his pigs and piglets.
Maureen