mercredi 13 janvier 2010

A winter day.

It has been a snowy night...again and again! this morning i had to feed the goats , hay,  cereals and fresh water. At the same time i took some pictures of them. I may go for a walk with Brindille this afternoon,  Basile the other dog is not going for walks because he's got problems with his back , so i prefer him to stay inside.Yesterday i baked some "coconut -tart ", i will give tou the recipe it's good and quite easy to make.






Let me introduce "mémère " it was the neighbours goat i adopted.

" Manon " her baby.

Fripon, the male.

They are always following the same path to their house!


Home sweet home!

Some mistleto.We had a lot for New Year, the custom is to kiss under mistletoe to have luck all the year.




My farmer wheelbarrow, to carry the hay!

It's warmer inside!

This is Nestor the Japanese fish.


Some jars on my kitchen shelves, but i must make some nice labels,because i mix up semolina and almond powder!








And the recipe i must translate this afternoon: Coconut tarts.





16 commentaires:

Fabulously french a dit…

Hello, I love the photos. Here in SW France the snow has been replaced by rain :-(

The snow was prettier....

A bientot,

Leeann x

Aunt Amelia's Attic a dit…

More snow? When will it end?

You have adopted a sweet family of goats. :-)

But inside looks more cozy. Oh yes!

Leslie a dit…

I LOVE you pictures. Very pretty.
coconut tarts..ohhh yummy!
Enjoy the snow

from our front porch... a dit…

Oh, Catherine! Where you live is just beautiful!
And the goats are precious! Those faces are adorable :)

Yes, make those labels! I mixed up cinnimon and cumin recently! Not good :(

xo, misha

Desde mi ventana a dit…

Catherine, jolies images, tu est au paradis. Jouit encore de la neige, ici maintenant nous avons seulement de la pluie tous les jours toute la journèe.

Bisous,

DMV

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

In Holland, like in France there is still a lot of snow as well. Your coconut cakes look delicious. I am looking forward to the recipe. Your goats look very sweet!

Lieve groet, Madelief

from our front porch... a dit…

Catherine, I mentioned you in my blog today! Hope it is ok!!
xo, misha

Eva a dit…

Hi Catherine,
I am so sorry I have been busy with the routine again back from Christmas Holiday. I never miss your posts although not always have enough time to leave a message. Thank you by be there in mines.
I love your goats, they are so pretty.
Yes, in Spain has been snowing a lot in all places but not where I live (very close yes) so in my city we had a very cold weather but rain instead of snow although I can see white mountains.
The Scottish pictures are gorgeous!

Country Dreaming a dit…

Our snow is melting each day. I think we are supposed to get into the 40's today.
Your pictures are great--I love the expressions on the goats. :)

Stay warm!


Melinda

Diane a dit…

Catherine, the goats are soooo cute!! So fat! I've only seen taller, skinnier ones! I have never seen this breed before. They're such shy, gentle creatures.

Your jars look pretty! Labels would be a nice touch!

And...coconut cookies! Yum!

Diane

Sage a dit…

Bonjour Catherine; j'aime tes photos; vous y goûter à l'hiver cette année;bonne chance avec tes chèvres.
Rita

Annalisa a dit…

Hi,
what a wonderful post! Love the jars, make it all look so cozy and comfy!
And the goats, how sweet!:) Hmm, the coconut tarts must be wonderfully delicious, can't wait to read the recipe!!
Annalisa

Joy a dit…

Aww what cute little goats. It looks so cold there but nice and toasty in your house. Have a wonderful week!

Auntie Cake a dit…

Love your sweet goats! I used to raise both goats and sheep here. I really miss them. And I had never seen a farmers wheel barrow! I need one, those bales of straw and hay get so heavy. I will be on the lookout for one of my own. Your cupboards look so pretty with everything in jars. And I have to tell you, I love the song that was playing on your playlist. I turned up the speakers, and my son came running in, it is the theme song to our Peter Rabbit DVD, he was so excited!
Kate

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy a dit…

By the way Catherine...terayaki sauce is like soy sauce only a bit sweeter?

Does that help?

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy a dit…

Your snowy village is lovely. We used to have Cashmere goats...only they always used to get out of their pens.

I can see why you are being asked about your new purse...it is cute!

Bonjour, Carrie