vendredi 15 janvier 2010

Decoration with " decoupage and stickers"

Another part of my home, a spare room used by the children before that I now want to use as a workshop.I've painted it and redecorated it myself in bright colors!I 've painted the furniture in" turquoise " and did some " collage " on the doors.In fact i' ve painted all my furniture downstairs except the kitchen ones, but this is a project.







BUT THE DOGS ARE EATING MY FLOWERS ON THE WALL, so i've got some other ones to repair what they have done!



Have a zen week-end!

22 commentaires:

Chani *Sucre et Cannelle* a dit…

Hey Catherine, I love the ornament on the blue drawer! Did you attach it yourself?
Happy new year to you too,
Chani

Desde mi ventana a dit…

Beautiful window!!!!I love it,
Hapy weekend,
DMV

from our front porch... a dit…

Oh, I love this room, Catherine!!
Where did you get the "book decals" on the wall and above the door? So cool :)

Have a wonderful day, friend!
xo, misha

Sage a dit…

What a beautiful room. In our other house before we downsized, I had some blue in every room; it makes me feel so good. I am curious; what is that metal box beside you dry flower arrangement?
Love lll those pictures

Queen B. a dit…

Sooo lovely ! :)
Simply beautiful...
I'm so glad you bought some wool !
Are you making a blanket ?

miro a dit…

Thank you for visiting my blog.
Have a nice day.
Rosa /Shabby e dintorni

claudia a dit…

hallo Catherine,
I' m happy that you like my paintings, I like very much the green room, very funny.
ciao a presto
Claudia

Aunt Amelia's Attic a dit…

Happy! Bright!

Aunt Amelia's Attic a dit…

Oh dear! You have Word Verification.

Aunt Amelia's Attic a dit…

You asked... In order for your readers to make a comment here, they have to do Word Verification. [It is a funny-looking-word, at the bottom of this box, which I have to re-type correctly, in a little box. It is supposed to keep SPAM from being in our comments]

I don't want SPAM in my own comments. But I dislike having to do the Word Verification, so I do not have my blog set to it. I make sure no bad stuff gets in my Comments, by having Comment Verification set, on my blogs.

We read our comments anyway. With Comment Verification setting, I simply read comments on my blogs, first. Then, when they are OK, I click on them to Publish them, and everyone can see/read them.

Some people have this Setting. Some people just have that Word Verification Setting [which you now do]. Some people don't have any of these Settings. It is an individual choice.

To check one's blog Settings, look at top right of blog page, for CUSTOMIZE and click on it.

This brings up a new page, and you look at top left of page, for SETTINGS and click on it.

A new page comes up and look at upper left again, for COMMENTS, and click on it. And look at all the Settings there, to see if you want them, as they are set. --- Near the bottom of these Settings,, is one which says; Show word verification for comments? My choice is NO. Your Settings are set to YES. But! This is YOUR choice. I am not dictating to you.

When you have looked at all the Settings on this page, and you have them, as you want them... Click on SAVE SETTINGS, at bottom of page.

I hope I have answered your question. If not, ask. And remember, all these Settings are your choice. I told you this, because you asked me. And because many times, people do not even know how their Settings are set. :-)

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I like the daisies on the wall!! They look so cheerful! Never done something with decoupage, but maybe in future. I have an old box which I want to decorate!

Have a good weekend!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

I love this room - such a happy place! A wonderful room for a workshop. Enjoy! -Tammy p.s. those doggies...! :)

Eva a dit…

Nice room Catherine!! You have a miniature!!! A hunting shop!! ;)
Have a nice weekend

Rural Revival a dit…

What a joy! Lucky you!

Be well!

~Andrea~

BonjourRomance a dit…

Bonjour Catherine,
You did a lovely job with this room. I love all the touches of torqouise and especially the bookshelf collages.
HAve a wonderful week - and a bit warmer I think!

Country Dreaming a dit…

Great job--I love the room!

Have a super duper weekend!

Melinda

Leslie a dit…

That room is so happy, I love it!!!!

Jacque a dit…

Bonjour Catherine. I have enjoyed looking at your blog and seeing all the beautiful pictures. I love the house with what appears to be red doors and that weathervane as well!

You have done a great job painting your furniture. I see you like color as much as me! I could not live in a house without color.

One of the "to do" items on my TRAVEL WISH LIST is to go to visit the Grand Canyon. I have flown over it in a plane on a trip to Hollywood, CA. IT IS GORGEOUS even from above.

I am excited to be able to learn more about you thru reading your blog. Thank you for visiting mine and for answering my questions about travel advice to France. That is very kind of you to do so.

Have a great weekend!

Diane a dit…

Catherine, it's so cheerful!!
Diane

PS: Who is the singer on your Playlist? So pretty!

Celestial Charms a dit…

Catherine,
What a cozy and inspiring room. I think I would be spending many hours there relaxing, dreaming, and creating. Lovely.
Maureen

MelMel a dit…

Such a lovely home....the chest of drawers are so pretty!xx

Emmas utsikt a dit…

Whar a cool and different room. Love it! Especially the butterflies.

Also like the walk through town and the pictures from your kitchen. Very nice!

And the goats! Just adorable...

All the best,
Emma