dimanche 24 janvier 2010

Day out and deco shops, shabby and vintage. Honfleur

(You may click on the pictures to enlarge)


This is Honfleur.(You can see Honfleur at the begining  of my blog).Today it was foggy and my pictures are not very good , in the afternoon we could not see anything.
We left early this morning to Honfleur , Maud , Romain, Angelica (Romain's girlfriend from Moldovia ) and myself.Romain had lunch with some friends he had met during his stay in Thessaloniki in Greece, while he was studying there last year with Erasmus program(european study program for a year) and Maud and i had lunch together.


There  was no yacht in the marina during the winter time 

Maud taking a picture of Angel and her brother with her new camera( xmas present)

While they were having a coffee, i dIsappeared and went to my favorite  discount decoration shop! discount of " COUNTRY- CORNER " shop( for those who live in France.)

















Then Maud and I had lunch at " La Petite Chine ".We used to have  children's Birthday lunch there. It's a nice place with cosy and quite atmosphere.

They serve scones , crumbles...various teas...




Finally we  had a look at this shop, were you find " Green gate " and  " Cath kidtson "


It was  a foggy and wet day , but here in Normandy it's our  normal weather during winter time and we are used to brave the elements  ! We enjoyed our day "together".

20 commentaires:

Jackie a dit…

Hi

That brings back memories of when my husband and I were on a long weekend cruise and we had a day ashore in Honfleur. A beautiful place, we had some lunch in a cafe round the harbour, which was very nice, but just as we finished it started raining and didn't stop until we were back on board.

We would love to go back there again, but I would also like to visit La Rochelle!!!

Jackie in UK

Sage a dit…

Bonjour Catherine,
Lovely photos! Contry Corner... my kind of store. Love where you had tea;Merci!
Rita

BonjourRomance a dit…

Merci for the great tour of Honfleur. I need to take a little trip there and check out that Country Corner. Looks like you all had a lovely time together!
Have a good evening!

Annalisa a dit…

Hi Catherine,
What a wonderful place you've visited!And how nice, you went there with your children!! sorry to call them children, I just use to call my daughters "children" even if they're not even teenagers anymore!:)
I love the Country Corner pictures...wish there was a similar place here too!!!
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, always so kind to stop by and say hi :)
Hugs,
Annalisa

Desde mi ventana a dit…

Great day,Catherine.Very lovely stores,I have enjoy yous pictures,
Bonne semaine,
Cecilia

Country Dreaming a dit…

Hello--

What a fun day you had. Love the county store. Looks like it has really pretty things in there!

Still enjoying all the goodies you sent me. The duckies are in the bathroom along with the basket.
Ken loved the chocolate candy in the heart triangleand I REAlly love the thin chocolate chip cookies! YUM!

Have a great week.

Melinda

GypsyNurse a dit…

Catherine~ you made my weary rainy day here the States much more bearable.... I long for the day when I can finally move back to Europe..and be a lot closer to such finds....
Thanks!
Cat

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

Thank you, Catherine, for sharing your beautiful day with us. I feel like a world traveler! Beautiful buildings, shops, pastries.. everything. I want to go there someday. -Tammy

Jacque a dit…

Bonjour Catherine,

Thank you for letting us tag along with you on your lovely day in town with your children. I am amazed at the majesty of all the buildings in your country. How do they stand the test of time--talk about artistry and workmanship!!

I have 2 sons and 2 grandchildren that I am missing so bad!! But, I will see them in April and again in June. I will be happy to see Spring arrive!!

Have a great week!

Mrs. G a dit…

What great shops. Can I go shopping with you??? ;)
Hugs,
Sue

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I tried to post a comment earlier, but something went wrong. I hope you have not received this comment twice! Your post takes me back to our holiday in France last year. We went on a day trip to Honfleur and enjoyed it very much! The Cath Kidston/Greengate shop was closed at the time. Such a shame :-(!

Lieve groet,

Madelief

Eva a dit…

Great shops ;)
What a wonderful day you share with your family.
Have a nice week Catherine!

Madame Sucre a dit…

OMG look at the view from the shop's window!! love this!

I bet Normandy is lovely.. I've only been to Paris and Loire Valley.. and fell head over heels.. now all I think about is when is my next vacation coming so that I could go to France!

Loving your blog! keep up the great work :)

Pilar a dit…

Hola Catherine!!
Qué belleza de lugares nos muestras!me hubiese gustado mucho recorrer esa tiendas y sus rincones.
Gracias por permirtirnos descubrirlos de la mano de tu blog.Muchas felicidades poe él.

Rural Revival a dit…

J'adore 'Country Corner'! I can see why you like it! Je voudrais 'au poulailler' s'il vous plait! : )

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful place with us, even on a gray day, it looks very enchanting. I love the photo of the lone sailboat.

Be well!
~Andrea~

Daniela Cerri a dit…

Votre blog est beau, délicat, je fais mes compliments à vous une fois que je poste sur mon blog, dans mes liens favoris à ne pas manquer, une accolade en provenance d'Italie, Daniela

Anonyme a dit…

Can I simply say what a comfort to discover someone who really knows what they are discussing over the internet.

You definitely realize how to bring an issue to light
and make it important. More and more people should
read this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you
aren't more popular since you most certainly have the gift.

Feel free to surf to my web blog - Chaussure Air Max

Anonyme a dit…

Good article! We are linking to this great post on our site.
Keep up the great writing.

Here is my site ... http://www.tedxyse.com

Anonyme a dit…

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You appear to grasp a lot approximately this, such as you wrote the e book in it
or something. I believe that you can do with some p.
c. to power the message house a bit, however instead of that, this is wonderful
blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.


Also visit my blog: tedxyse.com

Anonyme a dit…

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog article
or vice-versa? My blog discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours
and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me
an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog
by the way!

Here is my page Nike Air Jordan