mercredi 30 décembre 2009

BEAUVAIS 'sCathedral.

Well i am back home safe!  We had a safe but difficult journey. Yesterday we arrived in Beauvais, we went in a cafe before we visited    the  cathedral , I went to the washroom and there was a little placard"Mind the step" it was a tiny little step!!! it was ok when i came in , but not when i went out! i stumbled and fall down head first on the ground ...the pain was terrible (nobody was there! a chance...i 'm still laughing now but when it happened I went to see the owner and get some ice to put on my knees , then went to the chemist to get some tablets to stop my knees from swelling!!! Now it still hurts but it's ok.


I took some pictures of the cathedral ,but outside there were repairing it and inside too, because fifteen years ago it was nearly collapsing in fact it's the third time.Before  they built a steeple of 153meters and in 1573 it collapsed  on the people , then a strong wing dammaged part of it. A part is from the 10 th C , 13th and ended in 16thC. In the revolution they've cut the heads of all the statues!!!
I put some pictures today and the rest tomorow.





The  astronomical clock is the most beautiful in the world 18thC  and the other one is a Medieval one.You can see on the pictures some polychromes  paintings.




JUST CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE.

9 commentaires:

Grandma Yellow Hair a dit…

I can not tell you how lovely these pictures are to me. Words are not enough to describe their beauty. Thank you for sharing these because it makes me feel like I might be there if not just for a moment.
You sound just like me falling coming from the restroom. I can so relate to it and I know its not funny because it hurts like heck to go down like that. I hope in this next year we both stay upright more than 2009.
Happy New Year
Maggie

Country Dreaming a dit…

Glad you are back safe and sound --sorry to hear about your fall.
The pictures are beautiful--love the clocks.
I see that you came by Dreaming. :)

Happy New Year to YOU!

Melinda

BonjourRomance a dit…

Catherine,
So sorry about the fall, I do hope you are feeling better - it happens so fast dosen't it. Take care of those knees.
A fabulous New Year and many blessings to you and your family!

Eva a dit…

Hope you get well soon!!!
The cathedral is gorgeous, beautiful pictures. Enjoy these days with your family!!
Have a great new year eve!!

Annalisa a dit…

oh my, this place is marvellous!But sad to hear you fell :(..Hope you'll get better very soon and that new year will bring you lots of joy and good things to you and your family!:) Lovely post!
Annalisa

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy a dit…

Oh my goodeness...keep up with the ice. Lovely photos, Catherine.

Celestial Charms a dit…

So very sorry you had a fall, but glad you are ok, and safe at home. I wish for you a wonderful New Year to you and your family.
Maureen

Aunt Amelia's Attic a dit…

Magnificent photos!

But I am so sorry you fell!!!!!!

Carol............. a dit…

What gorgeous pictures!

Hope you're recuperating from you fall.

Happy New Year!