mardi 17 novembre 2009

Trip to CORNWALL



Some years ago , we went on holidays in Cornwall. This is where I discovered Cornish pottery.We took the boat from France the four of us, slept  in a cabin and arrived the next day in Poole, at midday, it was the first time i was driving on the left and i was really "scared"!i remember the big round about  at midday full of traffic.It has been a long way to the farm where we had rented a cottage, believe me! We had to go through little lanes in the country, but when we arrived we discovered a beautiful landscape between moors and cliffs.During our stay we took the children to Tintagel to visit Merlin's cave and the  Knights rounded table 's museum, they were impreesed by king Arthur's throne!We also discovered a small port called Mousehole and our favorite shops here were tea shops were we had scones ,clotted cream and strawberry jam...It was windy but we had fun with our kites on the moors.The children have been very impressed by the mystery and legends ,even more when we saw the Dartmoor prison which was in one of their cartoon of Sherlock Holmes!!! this trip has left us very good souvenirs together.

5 commentaires:

Sage a dit…

Beautiful pictures and lovely story; makes me want to be there.
Thank you,
Rita

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

Lovely photos. You have traveled to some beautiful and interesting places! We have roundabouts in our nearest 'larger' town. I don't like to drive on them!
Thanks for sharing your trip! -Tammy

Natasha a dit…

This trip looked wonderful. I have never been to Cornwall but my sister and her husband are moving to England next month so I will have to visit Cornwall when we go to visit them next year.
What lovely memories you must all have of this holiday!
Best wishes, Natasha.

maurakeith a dit…

Catherine when I visited my sister in England in 99 we went to Cornwall. We also visited Tintagel and Mousehole...such beautiful countryside. We were there in April. I didn't get to try the English Scones with clotted cream until we hit Devon...oh my I've never had anything so delicious!!! One day I will get back there. Enjoy your day!

Anonyme a dit…

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site
and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I
achievement you access consistently quickly.

Feel free to surf to my homepage; Romantic Trip Paris